We would love to help you find that elusive item for your collection or exhibit.
Please send us your want list.
Professional appraisal services offered for tax, estate, and insurance purposes.
Inquire for details.
If you have stamps to sell, please contact us for a fair offer to purchase. We travel throughout the Midwest to purchase collections.
Please use this page to send us a message with your contact information and we will get back to you promptly.
Send us a letter! We LOVE getting mail!
We can be reached by mail at...
Fox River Stamps
P.O. Box 6
Salem , WI 53168-0006
Send us a message...
We are professional members and proud supporters of the following philatelic organizations...
American Philatelic Society, American Philatelic Research Library, American Philatelic Writer's Unit #30, American Revenue Association, American Topical Association Chapter 5, Chicago Philatelic Society, Garfield-Perry Stamp Club, Midwest Stamp Dealers Association,
Milwaukee Philatelic Society, Philatelic Club of Will County (Illinois), Plate Number Coil Collectors Club, Precancel Stamp Society,
State Revenue Society, United States Stamp Society, Wauwatosa Philatelic Society, Wisconsin Federation of Stamp Clubs, and the
Youth Philatelic Leadership Foundation.
As a Dealer member of the American Philatelic Society and the Midwest Stamp Dealers Association, you can be assured that you will be treated fairly, and ethically. Professional philatelists are bound by a code of ethics. Fox River Stamps adheres to the code of ethics as it pertains to buying and selling stamps outlined below.
1. I abide by all federal, state, and local laws relating to philatelic matters.
2. Valid current photo identification is required for all in person buying transactions.
3. I will conduct myself so as to bring no reproach or discredit to the societies of which I hold membership, or to philately.
4. I will neither buy nor sell philatelic items of which the ownership is questionable and report promptly to the proper law enforcement agencies information on suspected stolen material.
5. I will correct promptly any error I may make in any transaction.
6. I will immediately refund on any item sold by me where the description was either inaccurate or misleading if the return is made within a reasonable period of time.
7. I will publish and make available my terms of sale so that all clients have an opportunity to become familiar with them.
8. I will properly, carefully and honestly grade and describe all merchandise offered for sale by me and indicate any faults, defects, restorations or alterations that may exist, to include the indication of canceled to order material.
9. I agree to assist in the prosecution of violations, of which I have the knowledge, of laws pertaining to philatelic matters.
10. I will hold intact, pending written acceptance from the seller, all merchandise sent to me for offer, and should the offer be unacceptable, promptly and carefully to return it to its proper owner.
11. I will not knowingly sell, trade, produce, or advertise repaired, altered, or otherwise modified philatelic items unless that condition is clearly stated.
12. I further agree not to sell, produce, or advertise counterfeit material, in violation of any law.
13. I agree to fulfill all contracts made by me, either orally or written, to make prompt payments upon delivery, and to return promptly any item that is not satisfactory.
14. I agree to bring known examples of irresponsible or unethical tactics to the attention of the societies in which I hold membership.
15. I will conduct myself in accordance with accepted standards of morality and courtesy in philatelic activities.
16. I agree not to participate in any way in the advertisement, sale or trade of any philatelic material using any deceptive practices including, false or misleading claims of sales scarcity, value, condition or investment potential.
17. I agree that any philatelic items while in my possession for inspection and possible purchase are insured against loss or
damage while in my possession and in transit back to the original owner if no purchase is made.
18. I will provide all consignors or merchandise on consignment with a contract to the owner stating my legal commitments.
20. I will advertise for sale only those items that are available to me at the time the advertisements are placed.
21. I will give advice to my clientele in philatelic matters to the best of my ability.
22. I will purchase philatelic material from the public at reasonable prices, with due allowances for my risk and prevailing market conditions.
23. I will be truthful in my advertising, and refrain from denigrating my competitors. I will make no false claim to a policy
or practice of generally underselling competitors.
24. I will honor any buying prices that I have published within a reasonable period after their publication. Price lists will include a statement as to expiration of offer or give an actual expiration date and explain any limitations.
25. I will submit any dispute, controversy or claim concerning philatelic transactions in which I may become involved to arbitrators mutually agreed upon by the parties. The decision and award of the arbitrators will be binding on all parties and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrators may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.